Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu governing bodies of all states or territories may apply to join the BJJSF and become its State Federation (SF).
- The BJJSF shall only accept one SF from each State or territory.
- A SF may not have any affiliation to any other Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu international organization.
- SFs may apply to become Full Members of the BJJSF.
- Full Members are SFs that have fulfilled all application requirements as prescribed in the BJJSF Statutes & Bylaws and which have been approved by the BJJSF EC and GA.
- Full Members shall have voting rights at the GA and shall have the right to participate in all official events of the BJJSF.
- Full Members shall be required to pay annual membership fee of 10,000 Rs. as identified in the BJJSF Statutes & Bylaws.
- SFs that have fulfilled all application requirements as prescribed in the BJJSF Statues, and which have received confirmation from the BJJSF shall be Provisional Members. Provisional Member status will be altered to Full Member status upon approval of the BJJSF EC and GA.
- Provisional Members have no voting rights in official meetings but shall have the right to participate in all official BJJSF events.
- Provisional Members is also required to pay annual membership fees.
State Federation Membership Process
A Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu organization seeking SF recognition from the BJJSF shall submit the following documents electronically:
- Application in written form;
- Two sets of its Constitution, one of which must be written in English;
- A report on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu activities carried out over the previous two years;
- A proof of payment to the BJJSF of a non-refundable application fee of one hundred and 10,000 Rs.
- SFs applying for Full Member status must submit a letter of recommendation or certificate endorsed by the SOC and/or SSA of its State or territory (proof of legal status).
- SF application documents will be submitted to the BJJSF EC for approval. Upon approval by the EC, the applicant shall become a Provisional Member of the BJJSF.
- SFs that have fulfilled all application requirements as prescribed in the BJJSF Statues & Bylaws, and which have received confirmation from the BJJSF F as Provisional Members or Associate Members should begin the membership application process for their respective CFs.
- A Provisional Member that has fulfilled all application requirements as prescribed in the BJJSF Statutes & Bylaws shall acquire Full Member status upon receiving the approval by two-third-majority vote of the Full Members present at the annual BJJSF GA.
- If multiple Brazilian jiu-jitsu organizations claim to represent a State or self-governing territory, the BJJSF will investigate to determine which candidate is most qualified to become its SF.
For more information on SF member rights, responsibilities, and obligations, see:
E-Mail: [email protected]
Cell No.: +5102344455